Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Resolution Planning Manager
- This is an opportunity for a finance professional to join our Treasury function
- You’ll be helping to develop and maintain our recovery and resolution frameworks, and working closely with other teams and with the business to evaluate the safety and soundness of the bank
- This is a great opportunity to hone your financial expertise and advance your career in a varied and challenging role
- You’ll benefit from excellent exposure as you establish strong relationships with senior stakeholders across franchises, services, and functions in support of resolution planning deliverables
What you'll do
In this critical role, you’ll be helping to develop and maintain our recovery and resolution frameworks in line with the policy and guidance from the Bank of England. Your focus will be on driving effective testing of the recovery and resolution capabilities to ensure they are ready to enable the Group to respond to financial stresses protecting the business and our customers.
In supporting the development, testing and maintenance of these capabilities you will be both enhancing the banks resilience and supporting the bank in meeting a key regulatory deliverable.
You’ll also be:
- Organising and agreeing the scope of recovery and resolution fire drills, completing the schedule of events, documenting the tests, identifying improvements, agreeing actions, and driving the implementation of enhancements
- Collating and analysing data to help enhance the bank’s recovery and resolution capabilities and support the regulator in creating the resolution plan
- Work closely with teams around Treasury, Finance and the business to evaluate the bank’s preparedness for a recovery or resolution event
- Helping to deliver ad hoc and scheduled reporting to regulatory bodies and relevant governance forums
- Driving improvements to recovery and restructuring frameworks through effective testing
- Helping to deliver the annual recovery plan for NatWest Group and significant legal entities supporting greater integration between Recovery and Resolution.
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll be educated to degree level and be able to take initiative, analyse complex problems, think strategically, and break down challenges into tangible tasks to achieve a set of overall objectives. A financial qualification such as ACA, CFA or similar, or equivalent experience in the financial sector is preferable.
As well as this, you'll bring:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience of working within a Finance or Treasury team
- Strong relationship and networking skills, with the ability to develop relationships and interact at all levels
- A proven ability to work to demanding timeframes
- Excellent PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.