Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in Guernsey and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Guernsey.
Join us as a Compliance Officer and MLRO
- We’ll look to you to act as a regulated officer, leading regulatory risk, conduct risk and reputational risk insight, oversight and challenge for your jurisdictional entity
- You’ll be supporting the oversight and challenge of financial crime risk management, helping to make sure the financial crime team discharges its accountabilities in accordance with applicable rules and regulations
- As a key member of our team, you’ll enjoy extensive collaboration and can expect great visibility for you and your work
What you'll do
As a Compliance Officer and MLRO, you’ll own, develop and monitor appropriate risk and control frameworks for your jurisdictional entity to use to discharge their responsibilities, supporting this across wider jurisdictions where appropriate. You’ll also independently oversee and challenge the effective management of risks and controls within agreed risk appetite.
You’ll also be:
- Leading regulatory risk, conduct risk and financial crime risk insight, oversight and challenge in your jurisdictional entity and supporting these more widely across all RBS International jurisdictions
- Accountable for relevant regulatory returns, regulatory interactions and management of the regulatory and financial crime risk profile of your jurisdiction
- Engaging the first line of defence daily to challenge, educate and guide on compliance, conduct and financial crime risk
- Supporting the first line of defence in establishing and maintaining high standards of culture and behaviour
- Liaising and managing requirements for the field of compliance and financial crime investigations and legal orders
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with extensive knowledge and experience of compliance and financial crime risk in this jurisdiction. In particular, you'll need strong experience of handling internal disclosures of suspicious activity, including making high quality external disclosures and handling production and restraining orders.
You’ll also bring excellent knowledge of the external environment including economic, regulatory and legal practices, trends and expected developments and how these changes may impact on the bank.
In addition, you’ll need:
- Proven experience of preparing insightful analysis and managing risk related reporting processes for senior executive and board committees
- Experience of making risk decisions within a control framework, which requires analysis, judgement and initiative, while thinking strategically about future direction
- A comprehensive understanding of appropriate tools, techniques and methodologies used to measure and report on risk
- Good knowledge of relevant risk disciplines and how these impact on business performance
- Strong communication and influencing skills, and the ability to interact with senior stakeholders