Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Controls Manager in Digital Technology Risk
- If you have a risk management or regulatory background and are looking for a new challenge, this could be the ideal role for you
- You’ll partner with the business and Risk function to identify, assess and manage the risks within the agreed risk appetite, using our risk framework to inspire a team of business and customer control partners, and make sure that the team objectives are achieved
- Hone your project management and people leadership skills in this fast-paced and varied role, with an emphasis on career progression
What you'll do
As a Controls Manager, you’ll have an opportunity to make a vital contribution to driving a generative culture of risk awareness and recommend solutions to operations’ risk issues within the businesses. You’ll strengthen the level of ownership within the business, identifying and calling out areas of weakness and sharing best practices.
We’ll look to you to deliver a robust risk governance framework in line with the operational risk handbook, as well as supporting and delivering relevant risk activity to build credible and realistic plans to move and sustain a control environment certification rating within risk appetite.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Escalating emerging risks in a timely manner, making sure actions are quickly defined and owned
- Developing and delivering a strong risk awareness across the business, contributing to the prioritisation, design and implementation of the operational risk principles into the business
- Implementing a robust governance framework that engages all relevant stakeholders to enable effective decision making and make sure that all aspects of risk management are delivered
- Managing the interface between the business, internal audit, second line of defence and other critical functions, as well as the wider risk and controls teams
- Making sure that all aspects of risk management are delivered within the requirements of the policy framework and in accordance with the conduct risk requirements
The skills you'll need
As well as a strong understanding of our operating processes, you’ll need general and project management skills involving complex people, process and technology issues, along with a proven understanding and practical application of risk management principles. You’ll also need well developed knowledge of our businesses and associated products, processes and technologies.
On top of this, you’ll bring:
- Strong senior stakeholder management skills
- A well developed network of contacts
- A clear track record of delivery
- Influencing and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to view the impact of issues from a wider or macro perspective
- The ability to think creatively when resolving problems and identify alternatives where established procedures may not exist
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.