We want you to show yourself at your best. Our application process lets you do that. We’re thorough, so there are a few stages involved. But they’re all designed to make sure that, from your first day on the job, you’re where you’re supposed to be.
Take a good look through the opportunities available, and decide what’s right for you. If you’re not sure what you’re looking for, thinking about your career drivers can really help.
Once you’ve find the ideal job, click the apply button. This will take you to our Workday environment where you can upload your CV. If you have an account with us already then you can log in, but if you don’t you’ll need to create one.Don't have a CV?
This article will give the essentials on how to make a great first impression.
After you’ve uploaded your CV we’ll ask you to fill out a few questions to make sure you meet our criteria. It’s simple and quick.
In some cases you’ll also answer a motivational questionnaire to explore the type of work you enjoy. This helps us make sure that job will be right for you, but there are no right answers, so it’s best to answer honestly.
For some jobs you’ll also complete a video interview by filming yourself answering questions. You can film yourself through your webcam, or by using a smartphone or tablet. We use a simple platform and we’ll guide you through the whole process, including giving you hints and tips on how to make a great video, and what to talk about in your answer.
Once you’ve passed any assessments at the last stage, we’ll look at your experience and your skills to see how well they match to the job. If we agree that you’re a good fit, we’ll invite you to an interview.
Every job at NatWest Group is assessed against the same personal qualities, chosen because we know we need them to succeed into the future.
We call them our Critical People Capabilities.
Everything you need to know
- Improver Innovator
- You bring and push forward new ideas, ways of working, and improvements for customers. You learn from experience, are digitally focused and make the most of technology.
- Change Ready
- You embrace change, and are comfortable working with ambiguity. You’re resilient, adaptable, curious, and open to learning. And you can work at pace when needed.
- Critical Thinker
- You understand the bigger picture, using information, data and insight to solve problems and make decisions. You have great attention to detail, and make the complex simple.
- You’re a natural collaborator who works across boundaries and brings teams together, including from different parts of the business. You share knowledge, value difference, and promote fairness.
- Trusted Advisor
- You’re credible and knowledgeable in your field, keeping up to date and bringing in outside thinking. You create trusted relationships built on warmth, empathy and emotional intelligence.
We’re made a quick guide that tells you exactly what to expect from an interview with us.
For certain jobs we’ll ask you to come to an assessment centre. It will include an interview, along other exercises that let you show how your practical skills and decision making, as well as how you work with others. An assessment centre is a really thorough way for us to make sure the job is right for you, and for you to decide the same.
We’ll let you know our decision as soon as possible after your interview.
If we make you an offer a recruiter will be in touch to talk you through everything you need to know. We’ll do some pre-employment checks on the information you’ve given us, like your address history. Once that’s all in order, we’ll bring you aboard and get you started.