Finance Graduate Programme.
Help to manage our costs and our capital while building great business relationships.
About the business
Our customers expect their money to be well managed. In Finance, we provide the right information to help our colleagues make clear decisions about customers, costs and capital while developing the right long-term financial strategy.
Finance ties together all the financial activity across the bank through exceptional analysis, insight and reporting. It’s our job to manage the bank’s balance sheet, report on our financial performance, and make sure we’re making the right decisions for our customers.
About the programme
During this three-year programme you’ll develop a deep understanding of how the bank is run, while completing an industry recognised qualification. As a graduate trainee in Finance you’ll gain up to date knowledge regarding the changing financial services environment, and relevant changes for the bank. We may require you to complete at least one rotation in an alternative location. For example, London graduates may spend at least one rotation in Edinburgh and vice versa.
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £31,850. On top of your salary you’ll also have access to our flexible benefits package.
With this three-year programme you can look forward to:
- Gaining a professional accountancy qualification
- Building a thorough knowledge of the Finance function's service offerings delivered through control, expertise, advisory and transactional services
- Developing an understanding of our core activities, such as managing the bank’s balance sheet, reporting on financial performance and developing a long-term financial strategy
- Developing excellent relationship management skills, honed by managing multiple stakeholders from a range of businesses
What's the programme's structure, and how will we support you through it? Watch this short video to find out.
At the end of the three years, we hope to see you joining us in a permanent role. As your experience grows, you’ll be developing the skills that could lead you into various roles including but not exclusive to:
- Specialist roles in Tax, Treasury and Investor Relations
- Financial Control, Financial Planning, Regulatory Control and Finance Data Management
- Business Partner and Business Intelligence roles in our customer and non-customer facing businesses
- Guardianship and Value Creation roles across the Finance function