Internal Audit Graduate Programme.
Be our third line of defence, and a trusted advisor to our business and executives.
About the business
Internal Audit is an independent area of our organisation, integral to us meeting our ambitions, and protecting the interests of our customers. We provide assurance by calling out risks, asking the tough questions, and challenging where we need to.
We make sure effective controls are always in place to manage our risks, keeping the bank and our customers safe.
Katie joined us for an internship in Internal Audit and then went on to join the graduate programme. Katie talks about the professional qualifications she’s studying for as part of the programme.
About the programme
During this three-year programme you’ll develop a deep understanding of how the bank is run while completing a professional qualification that’s relevant to your role.
As a graduate trainee in Internal Audit you’ll gain up to date knowledge of the impact of the changing financial services environment and relevant changes for the bank. You’ll also be working with our business stakeholders, to support them in effectively managing risks in their business areas.
You’ll be rewarded with a starting salary of £31,850 a year.
During this three-year programme, you can look forward to:
- Developing an understanding of how different parts of the bank operate
- Building thorough knowledge of the business risk environment and the controls used to mitigate those risks
- Developing excellent relationship management skills, honed by managing multiple stakeholders from a range of different businesses
- Spending nine months on rotation with a team within the wider function
- Helping your stakeholders improve their risk and control frameworks
- Contributing to delivering the audit plan, providing assurance to the bank’s audit committee
- Supporting continuous risk monitoring and helping to evolve our control framework
- Working towards a professional qualification, such as a Masters in Cyber Security for Technology Auditors or a Chartered Accountant for non-technical Auditors
What's the programme's structure, and how will we support you through it? Watch this short video to find out.
Once you’ve completed the programme, you’ll have the skills and experience that could lead to roles such as a Senior Auditor, Audit Manager and Senior Audit Manager, a managerial role in our Risk and Control functions, or a Control role in our front-line business.