Learning and development
We know how important learning is. And we know that when the only true constant is change, the classroom just doesn’t cut it anymore.
So we take a more direct approach to the ways we learn. Every time we connect with our customers, every interaction with colleagues, is a chance to learn and to educate.
We give our people the tools and knowledge that let them take control of their learning, and of their career development. Every person understands the critical capabilities they need to do their own job well, and any other job in the organisation, making career planning easier.
Here are a few of the ways our people can benefit from learning:
NatWest Group Learning Academy
Helping our people learn to learn and recognise the opportunities all around them, our flagship Learning Academy offers the chance to build future-focused skills and knowledge. There are plenty of ways to build data, digital skills and agile working skills, and a rounded approach to learning also includes wellbeing and understanding climate change.
Because not everyone learns the same way, the academy features a range of content to suit different learning styles. From bitesize video to links into like-minded communities and registration for courses, everyone can access new knowledge in a way that works for them.
Taking care of our bodies leads to better sleep, increased energy levels, less stress and anxiety, and greater overall happiness. Here are a few of the ways we give our colleagues a helping hand.
- Access to a range of free, on-demand online fitness content and a free digital physiotherapy tool
- Support for healthcare matters such as cancer care, reproductive health and musculoskeletal health
- Access to private medical care and a virtual GP service
- Free eye tests
Connection to other people and a sense of belonging is a basic human need. We think that’s as true in work as it is outside it. So we offer a number of ways to help our people connect and get involved.
- Fundraising and volunteering activities
- A wellbeing library with team activities
- Tools and resources to help you be yourself, whether you’re remote first, hybrid or office first
As you’d expect from a bank, we’ve got lots of way to help colleagues keep their finances working for them. You can choose from a range of benefits including:
- Insurance options and everyday shopping vouchers
- A retirement savings scheme that makes it easy for you to save for your future
- Our own online discount shopping site
- Purchasing discounted NatWest Group shares
- Charitable giving to support your favourite causes