Risk Graduate Programme.
Understand, explain, and help us control the risks we face.
About the business
In Risk, our role is to make sure we’re doing the right thing as an organisation, for our people and our customers. Risk management allows us to strike a balance between taking risks and reducing them.
It’s our responsibility to manage risk across the bank, ensuring we have the right culture, strategy and rules in place. We also manage interactions with key regulators, providing trusted advice and challenge to the colleagues who serve our customers.
Meet Ella and Kamal.
Ella and Kamal are Risk graduates. Hear about the programme, what they’ve learnt and why a job in Risk can open up a range of career opportunities.
About the programme
Our aim on this two-year programme is to equip you with the skills and experiences you’ll need to become a leading risk professional. As a graduate trainee you’ll learn how risk is managed in a large organisation, and gain hands on experience in a wide range of areas, from credit risk and stress testing to operational risk and compliance.
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £31,850 a year.
During the programme you can look forward to:
- Helping us to shape the policies around how much risk we wish to take right across the bank
- Building your understanding of how to identify, analyse and report on risk
- Delving into the world of credit risk and financial modelling
- Supporting on change and innovation projects
- Building excellent business partnering and stakeholder management skills
- Developing the confidence and influencing skills to raise ideas and challenge the status quo
- Working towards a professional qualification
What's the programme's structure, and how will we support you through it? Watch this short video to find out.
On completing the programme you’ll be well positioned to take on a permanent role with us. Depending on your talents and preferences, you could move towards a role as a holistic Risk Partner or a more specialist avenue such as Conduct Advisor, Operational Risk Manager, or Credit Risk Analyst, to cite just a few examples.