In order to be a great place to work, the health and wellbeing of our people needs to come first.
And that’s not just talk.
Our approach has been recognised by the HR Excellence Awards, where we won an award in the Health and Wellbeing category.
Our holistic and purpose-led approach, Live Well Being You, lets colleagues take control of their wellbeing so they can be at their best both in and out of work.
Our support covers four key areas: mental health, physical health, social wellbeing and financial wellbeing.
We know that one in four people experience mental health problems in any given year, we are fully committed to the Mental Health at Work Commitment actively working to remove the stigma of mental health in the workplace. We offer lots of ways to help, including:
- Our Employee Assistance Programme, a free, confidential and independent service available to all colleagues; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Our emotional wellbeing programme covering areas such as sleep, mindfulness, stress, resilience, and money worries
- Over 1300 Wellbeing Champions who help promote positive health and wellbeing, and are trained to direct colleagues to our support services
- Mental health training for our line managers to help them have the right conversation in the workplace
Taking care of our bodies leads to better sleep, increased energy levels, less stress and anxiety, and greater overall happiness. Here are a few of the ways we give our colleagues a helping hand.
- Access to a range of free, on-demand online fitness content and a free digital physiotherapy tool
- Support for healthcare matters such as cancer care, reproductive health and musculoskeletal health
- Access to private medical care and a virtual GP service
- Free eye tests
Connection to other people and a sense of belonging is a basic human need. We think that’s as true in work as it is outside it. So we offer a number of ways to help our people connect and get involved.
- Fundraising and volunteering activities
- A wellbeing library with team activities
- Tools and resources to help you be yourself, whether you’re remote first, hybrid or office first
As you’d expect from a bank, we’ve got lots of way to help colleagues keep their finances working for them. You can choose from a range of benefits including:
- Insurance options and everyday shopping vouchers
- A retirement savings scheme that makes it easy for you to save for your future
- Our own online discount shopping site
- Purchasing discounted NatWest Group shares
- Charitable giving to support your favourite causes